Community. Family. Faith. These represent the core values of African Americans all across our country. In the good times and the bad, we count on each other for love and strength as well as to be reminded of our shared past, present and future. It is in this spirit that African American Expressions was created, to offer African Americans a place to find a great selection of beautiful items and gifts with a proud, beautiful Afrocentric flair.
But AAE goes beyond selling Black gifts online. We also offer fundraising programs that help out the African American community and put money back into those areas that need it the most. We are proud to be a growing, faith-based company that always has the well-being of our people at heart. Along with our fundraising activities, we give back in other ways as well. We support various Afrocentric charities and associations, as well as their members who work tirelessly to lend a hand and ear to African Americans in need. Some of our causes include:
- PROJECT NINE1SIX
- Shoulder To Shoulder
- Hosea Feed The Hungry
- Agape International Missions (AIM)
- About Kidz
- 100 Black Men of Sacramento
As a faith-based company, everyone at our AAE team realizes we have an obligation to be witnesses for all the good God has done in our lives. Our opportunity to be a positive influence in the life of African American men, women and children encourage us to go ‘above and beyond’ every day, and continue to provide you with the best possible selection of Afrocentric gifts and items and fast, friendly service and delivery to go with it.
Gifts for Special Occasions
If this is your first visit to our website, we invite you to take a look around and get familiar with the site. It’s easy to navigate our catalog and search for gifts for all occasions. Even if you’ve visited before, it’s worth taking a look again, because we are constantly adding beautiful new products and offering you great savings. We have gifts for many different specific occasions and people.
Gifts for Mom
One of our most popular gift categories is ‘Gifts for Mom.’ Mothers are the glue that hold the world together, and if you want to show your mother how much you appreciate all she does for you, we have some fantastic gift ideas:
- Checkbook planners: Just because a checkbook planner is practical doesn’t mean it has to be dull! Your mom will love an attractive, colorful checkbook planner designed to help her keep track of her expenses.
- Bible Organizers: For an African American mother, her bible is like one of her children. A bible organizer is the perfect way for her to keep her bible protected and also carry along a pen and notepaper.
- Queen Mug: Is your mom a queen in your eyes? That’s a trick question — of course she is! Remind your mom how special she is to you by offering her an attractive mug for her morning coffee. She’ll think of you every time she enjoys her favorite brew.
- Magnetic Notepads: There’s never a notepad handy when you need it, so think about offering your mom a convenient magnetic notepad. It will be on the fridge when she needs it to jot down a list or reminder.
These are just a few of the great Black gifts online we have for your mom here at African American Expressions. They’re perfect for Mother’s Day, her birthday or any other day of the year when you want to remind her how much you care about her.
Gifts for Women
It isn’t always easy to find that perfect gift for the African American woman in your life. You want a gift to reflect the type of woman she is and how much you care about her. For a gift that’s as beautiful, unique and fun as she is, check out these great options:
- Cosmetic Duos: This wonderful set is perfect for a woman who enjoys pampering herself and could use two handy travel-sized bags for her makeup. Each set features a fun Afrocentric design that’s sure to please!
- Coloring Books: You might think that coloring books are just for children, but even adults can enjoy coloring! Your women friends will appreciate the fun and stress relief coloring provides.
- Latte Mugs: We all know a woman who likes to enjoy a hot, slow latte first thing in the morning. Offer the women in your life a latte mug to start her day properly (or a whole set if she likes to share)!
Women deserve to feel special. They are our mothers, daughters, wives, lovers and sisters. They carry the weight of the world on their shoulders, so pick out a few AAE gifts today and watch their faces light up when they receive your thoughtful gifts.
Gifts for Men
When you think about it, men aren’t much easier to shop for than women. It can be hard to guess what the men in your life want. At AAE, we try to make that decision a little easier with many Black gifts that will suit any man:
- T-shirts: Now more than ever it’s important to stand together as a community and benefit from our shared strength. Help remind the men around you of their own inner strength and the role they play in being a positive influence.
- Coffee Mugs: Admit it; some men need a strong cup of coffee in the morning before they’re fully functional! If that describes your husband, boyfriend, father, son, brother or friend, check out our great selection of Black coffee mugs.
- Novels: For the men you know who are excellent fathers and enjoy spending their time reading to their children, the gift of a ‘Matthew Cross- Faith Walker’ novel is a great gift. Offer them the whole series!
Thank those important men in your life with a thoughtful gift from AAE, a gift that is uniquely chosen for them as a great reminder of their role as a Christian and an African American.
Gifts for Grandma & Grandpa
Nowadays grandparents are playing a very important role in the lives of their grandchildren. As we all get busier, we rely on grandma and grandpa to share their experience and wisdom. To thank them, we carry many great Afrocentric gifts:
- Calendars: What better way to help grandma and grandpa remember important birthdays, anniversaries and dates than with a beautiful AAE wall calendar.
- Bookmark Sets: If your grandparents are like most, they enjoy reading. A bookmark set allows them to keep their place in multiple books, like their bible, novel or favorite magazine.
- Puzzles: A puzzle is a great way for your grandma and grandpa to keep their minds and coordination sharp. Our fun puzzles are also a great activity for them to share with their children, grandchildren and friends.
Our grandparents deserve to hear every day how much we care about them. An attractive, practical gift from AAE will remind them every time they look at it.
Giving Is a Gift for You as Well
When you give a gift, you make someone smile and feel special. But giving a gift also has a positive influence on the giver. It makes you feel happy, relieves stress, promotes a sense of community, evokes gratitude and best of all, it is contagious! Browse through our African American Catalog catalog and choose the perfect Afrocentric gift for everyone you care about — and place your order knowing you’re not only making their day, you’re making your own, too!